Snow Golf is the ultimate sport for avid golf players in the “off” season.
We know it seems crazy, but there is a level of serious dedication that we didn’t realize comes along with golf playing territory. We know people who hate the winter simply for the unrealistic conditions that the season seems to bring along. But, as always, humanity has found a way around that and people are putting on their winter gear and heading out the door, golf clubs in hand.
There are a few tips and tricks that can help your adventure into snow golfing go a little bit smoother, here’s what we found:
- Dress warm. This may seem like common sense, but don’t take hypothermia lightly.
- Take a friend! It may take a little extra convincing, but this isn’t an activity to take on by yourself. (Especially first timers.)
- Use COLORED balls. It’s going to be hard to find a white ball in a drift of snow.
- Stay hydrated. You won’t realize you’re getting thirsty in these temperatures, just keep it in the back of your mind.
- Use your Thermos/Yeti cups. Keep hot beverages/soups hot the whole time you’re outside, giving you something warm to motivate yourself with!
These ideas can make your snow golf trip a little less chilly and a lot more fun!
Are you guys involved in any other “extreme” winter sports? Let us know!